Sunday, June 16, 2013

L'Oreal Waterproof Telescopic Mascara Review


Over the years, I tried countless mascaras: waterproof, fibre, ceramide and normal mascara only to be disappointed by its results. I can only hope that with this review, I can help some of you find your perfect mascara.

Firstly let me detail the nature of my eyelashes. I have extremely short and flat eyelashes that need to be curled prior to applying mascara. For me curling my lashes- is a MUST do! Unless you are gifted with beautiful curled lashes. I have trouble finding mascara that will hold my curled lashes. And it seems to me that most waterproof mascara has the ability to maintain my curled lashes. My 2 favourite mascara at the moment would have to L'Oreal Waterproof Telescopic and L'Oreal Double Extension (waterproof) .

 L'Oreal Waterproof Telescopic promises up to 60% longer looking lashes and intensity lash by lash. They say that the highlight of this product is it's supple elastomer bristles, high-precision flexible brush.



I must admit I do love this mascara, but it probably isn't as good as its sister by product: the L'Oreal Double Extension in waterproof ( To be reviewed soon). The Telescopic mascara definitely provides me with immensely longer looking lashes and holds my curl ever so well. If you're looking for a mascara that provides volume- this may not be what you are looking for.  The only downside I have with this mascara would be its brush. Despite all the rave about the comb-like brush, I find I don't get enough lash separation and find myself using a clean mascara wand to separate it.

Before
After: 2 coats of mascara













 Because I wear contact lenses, I'm quite wearing about the longevity of some mascara- but this little beauty doesn't smudge nor flake during the day. Even after a hardcore gym sesh- I don't get panda looking eyes. How fabulous!! It is super waterproof- so you will need an oil based makeup remover, to remove it.

At $26.95AU a tube, it is a neat little mascara that does everything I ask of it to. It holds my curled lashes and lengthens my short lashes too. I've paid so much for mascara in the past and find myself coming back to this one- this lil gem to be a keeper. You know what they say- If it aint broke don't fix it :)

What mascara works for you?

Love Niny xo

No comments:

Post a Comment