Friday, March 8, 2013

The world of Gelicious Hybrid Gel Nails!

If you’re like me, I LOVE to colour my nails all year round. Despite my obsession, I do find that my nails get very brittle and damaged by ordinary nail polished like OPI, BECCA, Revlon and Face of Australia, and as a result, I have stopped using them for a while to help my nails grow.

A colleague of mine has introduced me to Gelicious Hybrid Gel Nails; an Australian branded nail company that produces nail polish with similar results to Shellac but no where near as damaging to the nails and shines and lasts brilliantly with 2 weeks wear.

Directions:
  1. Prep the nail first: Push the cuticles back, file the nail, and clean the nail bed with a bit of nail polish to remove any oil and residue
    image
  2. Apply a thin coat and set the colour with the LED UV lamp for 1 minute ( try to leave 1mm of the nail uncoated all around)
  3. Apply another coat and set for another 1 minute ( Now cover the rest of the nail with the colour, including the tip of the nail to seal the edges)
  4. Apply the top coat and set for 2 minutes
image
Cosmopolitan swatch in natural light. It is a very deep red, almost wine/crimson red.


VERDICT:
I love love LOVE Gelicious Nail. I’ve been in possession of Gelicious Nails for almost a month, and can happily say, my nails are stronger and are longer while using Gelicious Nails. The shine is still there after 2 weeks, and have received a lot of compliments about the colour and SHINE!

The only negative feedback I have about this is the removal process of the colour. I personally find the removal process quite lengthy and tedious. I’ve purchased rubber pluggers and soak cotton wool with 80% acetone and stuff it in the plugger and leave my nails in for 10 minutes.
image
The gel literally crumbles off. I’ve tried soaking my nails in a container with acetone but don’t like my skin getting soaked and it wastes more acetone as well.

The hybrid nail colours are $29 each. Gelicious Nails have a special starter kit deal where you get the LED UV lamp, a colour polish of your choice and the top coat going for $129

I have purchased 4 colours so far: Snuggle, Cosmopolitan, Recover and Coral. 
Stay tuned for the other swatches.

6 comments:

  1. have you tried to sandwich a regular nail polish (not gelicious brand) between base coat & top coat? I am awaiting my gelicious machine to arrive & am keen to try this for my nail art. any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! I have tried it =) My only advice is to let your polish dry completely before applying the Gelicious top coat- otherwise it WILL smudge.

      Delete
    2. thanks so much for the info, I am still waiting for delivery, but am sooo excited.

      Delete
    3. I promise u wont be disappointed :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use the uv led light for all gel polishes?

    ReplyDelete